It is a blogger award where one blogger awards another blogger for their fantastic blogging skills.
Following the rules
Thanks to Pattimouse for my nomination! This means a lot to me. Another awesome blog is Kim Bailey Deal ! She is a fantastic writer and is one of the strongest women I’ve ever met. Her awesome blog, Breaking the Legacy of Silence is a fantastic blog to read for anyone that has ever been afraid to come forward about abuse.
1.Why do you blog? I blog so that more people can keep up with my writings or to just have fun with characters in my stories and share it with the world.
2. What is your favorite music, and why? I don’t really have a favorite music as I listen to everything. It just depends on the mood I’m in.
3. What is your favorite medium (ie pen, digital, crayon, gel pens, pencil ) to write with and why? A combination of digital and pen
4. Which cause is closest to your heart? And why? Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, & LGBT issues are closest to my heart. The first partly because I was sexually assaulted when I was 19. The other is because I want to help others be strong enough to tell their stories and realize that there ARE people who will listen. The second because no one deserves to be assaulted by someone they love. And the third because I am Bisexual and many people in my family are part of the LGBT community. Also because those in the LGBT community deserve to be treated like everyone else.
5. How do you read most? E-reader, audio or actual book? I read my Kindle and actual books. I will always prefer actual books though.
6. Who is the biggest influence in your life? My husband, my children, my new found family, and my paternal Grandmother.
7. If you had the power to change one thing in this world and have it work, what would you change? If I could, I would change how everyone sees everyone. I would make it so that no one saw differences (ie color, religion, sexual orientation)
8. What is your writing routine? Sadly, I do not have one at the moment. I want to get into a routine where I am writing about SOMETHING every day….just have to figure out what.
9. If you could visit with one historical figure for a full day, who would you visit? There are a few I would choose from: Queen Elizabeth I, Joan of Arc, His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Buddha
10. Other than blogging, what else do you do as a hobby? I read, I color, I make jewelry, I am teaching myself how to draw, and I paint (ceramics, learning watercolor), and I play video games.
Fun Facts about myself:
1)I want to go to Japan and Scotland one day.
2) I love Monster High
3) I’m a huge My Little Pony fan.
4) I collect coloring books.
5) I am a proud geek. I love to educate myself about everything.
6) I’m a sucker for Orange Hostess Cupcakes
7) I love lemon anything.
8) I collect gemstones.
9) I’m a survivor and do whatever I can to help others survive and fight.
10) I have 2 pet rats that I adore 🙂
Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. Display the award on your blog. Write a post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links. Provide 10 random facts about yourself. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award. Ask the nominees 10 questions. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to: Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it.
My Questions for the Nominees:
1)Who is your favorite author?
2) What got you started in writing?
3)If you could pick anyone famous to meet (alive or dead), who would it be and why?
4)Who is your favorite character? (movie, cartoon, tv, anime, etc)
5)Where would you like to travel if money wasn’t a problem?
6) Do you have a favorite language that you know or would like to learn?
7) Is there a culture you would like to learn more about or are you part of a culture that no one knows a lot about?
8) Do you have a favorite genre of music?
9)Who is your inspiration for writing?
10) If you could write a note to your teenage self, what would you tell yourself ?